From: KH <gentoo-user@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Problems booting my server - ext2 - e2fsck
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 19:57:57
1 Hi there,
2
3 my server was running strait for 8 month now. I did updates regularly
4 but still used an 2.6.2x kernel. Never switched it of. Now someone from
5 houskeeping pulled the plug for the vacuum cleaner ...
6
7 Anyway the box won't boot anymore. grub starts up. Kernel boots. Then
8 there is checking root file system (or something like that).The message
9 is that my ext2 file system can not be read. That I might want to try
10 the alternativ superblock by running #e2fsck -b 8193 <device>
11
12 Well, I put the hdd in an external usb and conected it to my
13 workstation. As I thought hda3 (is /dev/sde3) is an ext3 filesystem.
14 Also badblocks and e2fsck did not show any problem with the hdd.
15
16 /etc/fstab is corect (i hope), too.
17
18 What am I missing? How can I get the server running, again?
19
20 Regards
21
22 kh