From: Mike Myers <fluffymikey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: KDE, metapackages, and monolithic packages
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 21:14:18
1 Hi!
2
3 It should be moved by now, I think.
4
5 Anyways, I understand that removing pieces of KDE and the parts of it
6 is possible and not all that difficult. I'm not really worried about
7 how to do it, but thanks for the info anyway! :)
8
9 I was just wondering why the metapackages only seemed like a one way
10 street. They're simple to install, but useless for anything else
11 because of a bug (?) that was inhereted from portage. From what
12 everybody is saying, I almost get the impression that it's going to
13 stay that way. Is that true or is anything going on to take care of
14 that?
15