From: Mark <whitetr6@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Xorg, nvidia drivers and MX4000
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 19:05:44
1 I'm having trouble getting a new NVidia MX4000 to work using the
2 nvidia drivers. I have tried the version that installs by default,
3 which I think is 6629, and I have tried using ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86"
4 so I can try the latest available. Both give the same result: namely
5 when I type startx, I see the NVidia splash screen, and then nothing
6 but a white X cursor on all black background. Nothing else happens,
7 except I can move the mouse cursor. I have to Ctrl+Alt+Backspace to
8 get back out.
9
10 I have searched everywhere I can think of, and seen similar issues,
11 but none of the suggestions have worked yet. If anyone has some
12 suggestions, I'd really appreciate it.
13 --
14 Mark
15 [unwieldy legal disclaimer would go here - feel free to type your own]
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list