From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] qemu can't connect to internet
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 14:03:15
1 On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 09:31:50PM +0800, ???? wrote:
2 > i am install qemu and active kqemu
3 > using ./configure --enable-kqemu to configure and make&& make install
4 > than i use a win98.img to start qemu(using NAT )
5 >
6 > qemu -hda win98.img -m 256 -localtime -enable-audio -user-net
7 >
8 > but in win98 can;t connect internet
9 > did i qemu need some driver to support this function
10 > did i need to recompile my kernel and add some new modules to support this
11 > function
12 > thx
13
14 If you are running on gentoo, why not just set the "kqemu" USE flag
15 and "emerge qemu"?
16
17 I have successively ran WinXP under qemu with the kernel accelerator
18 that way.
19
20 You WON'T need drivers or kernel modules. User-Net means exactly that:
21 the network is in user mode. Qemu connects to the network like any
22 other userland program on your host computer, and AFAIK qemu emulates
23 a fairly basic ethernet card, so Win98 should have built-in support
24 for it.
25
26 Now:
27 What do you mean by win98 cannot connect to the internet? Is your
28 host computer on a network? Did you set the Win98 system to use
29 DHCP? Does the Windows system running under the VM detect the
30 (virtual) Network Card?
31
32 W
35 Nothing is fool-proof to sufficiently talented fools.
36 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 3 days, 5:55
37 --
38 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list