From: "Covington
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] dvdrip help
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 00:12:21
1 Why don't you just get a $40 Cyberhome CH-DVD300S DVD player and watch any regions and PAL as well?
2
3 Chris
6 -----Original Message-----
7 From: Mike Myers [mailto:fluffymikey@×××××.com]
8 Sent: Wed Mar 08 16:43:52 2006
9 To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
10 Subject: [gentoo-user] dvdrip help
11
12 Hey everybody!
13
14 I'm trying to find something that I can use to rip and then remake
15 DVDs. I have some japanese dvds that won't play on almost any regular
16 dvd players because of the stupid region thing. K3b didn't seem to have
17 anything for doing that, so I tried dvdrip/dvd::rip. Whenever I run
18 dvdrip, it just goes to the next line and says "[filterlist]
19 (re)scanning transcode's module path /usr/lib/transcode..." and sits
20 there for as long as I let it without actually doing anything. I can't
21 seem to find anything to skip that process or anything.
22
23 Can somebody please recommend another tool or show me how to fix
24 dvdrip? I'd really like to watch these dvds from something other than
25 my laptop.
26
27 Thanks a lot in advance,
28 Mikey