From: Billy Holmes <billy@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: default stage3 (was : [gentoo-user] Is Gentoo still on the right path?)
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 19:56:54
1 Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
2
3 > no, I want an installation, that filters out everybody too dumb to read the
4 > fucking manual.
5
6 I understand where you are coming from, however, without people willing
7 to push the envelope and try new things, nothing will innovated will
8 happen. While being an expert on such matters definitely helps, by no
9 means does that mean that accidents don't innovate. Look at penicillin,
10 and various other "inventions".
11
12 Stub your toe on an install a few times, and you'll learn a LOT.
13 Granted, if you keep stubbing your toe then expect to get kill filed.
14
15 What is the saying? Insanity is doing the same thing over and over
16 again, while always expecting a different outcome.
17
18 yeah.. something like that.
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list