From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Can't use opengl as normal user
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 21:48:43
1 On 2016-11-29, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I can't use opengl direct rendering as a normal user, but it does work
4 > via "sudo":
5 >
6 > $ sudo glxinfo | head -n15
7 > Password:
8 > name of display: :0
9 > display: :0 screen: 0
10 > direct rendering: Yes
11 > server glx vendor string: SGI
12 [...]
13 >
14 > $ glxinfo
15 > name of display: :0
16 > libGL error: unable to load driver: swrast_dri.so
17 > libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
18 [...]
19
20 Comparing strace output for the two cases showed that when glxinfo was
21 run as "me" the opengl library was trying to load libraires from
22 /usr/X11R6/lib/dri/...
23
24 For reasons lost in the mists of time, my .bashrc file contained
25 this culpable line:
26
27 export LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH=/usr/X11R6/lib/dri
28
29 Removing that did the trick...
32 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I left my WALLET in
33 at the BATHROOM!!
34 gmail.com