From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Evdev keyboard no longer works [SOLVED]
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 10:21:45
1 On Thu, 2010-07-15 at 06:09 -0400, Albert Hopkins wrote:
2 > On Wed, 2010-07-14 at 19:03 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
3 > > Have you completely powered down the machine and replugged the
4 > > keyboard? Sometimes hardware gets stuck in an unknown state.
5 > >
6 > > Just an idea.
7 >
8 > It's a laptop, so plugging out the keyboard may be a challenge for me :P
9 >
10 > But yeah, the machine has been completely powered down several times. I
11 > might try pulling the battery though.
12
13 Well, I don't believe it but plugging out the battery for a few secs and
14 plugging it back in fixed it (with the system shut down). Thanks for
15 the tip Mark. :)
16
17 -a