From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: configure.ac and Makefile.am easy_view ?
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 17:27:02
1 Jc García <jyo.garcia <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > I use /usr/bin/ebuild for this, emege run this when building, just
5 > run the build up to the prepare function so patches are applied if
6 > any, and look in /var/tmp/portage/cat/pkg/work/ for the 'prepared'
7 > sources.
8
9 > # ebuild $PORTDIR/cat/pkg/pkg-00.ebuild prepare
10
11 Ok I'll give this a whirl.
14 > I have this alias in my bashrc for using the ebuild command easily.
15 > alias=" sudo -u portage ebuild "
18 Correction
19 alias ebuild=" sudo -u portage ebuild "
20
21 Ahhh. OK this make it so that proper file ownership is always correct?
24 But, does this ever interfere with any of the other portage syntax?
25 i.e. do I every need to unset this expanded syntax for other ebuild
26 functions? Quick glance at the man pages I do not see any reason
27 to not use the expansion universally.....
30 James