From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Bash completion problem: can anyone confirm?
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2009 22:56:08
1 On Sunday 04 January 2009, Graham Murray wrote:
2 > Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU> writes:
3 > > Before I file a bug, I want to see if this is reproducible by others:
4 > >
5 > > After I boot into the console, if I type anything and then hit <tab>
6 > > for the bash completion, it gives an error
7 > > -bash: _filedir: command not found
8 > > The weird thing is that if I start X and try the same in an aterm, the
9 > > tab completion works as expected.
10 > >
11 > > I am currently on bash-completion-20081218, does anyone else have the
12 > > same problem?
13 >
14 > I only saw the problem with vim, and then only for user root as a normal
15 > user it worked fine. So I disabled bash completion for vim.
16
17 Check your relevant ~/.bashrc for this:
18
19 ##uncomment the following to activate bash-completion:
20 #[ -f /etc/profile.d/bash-completion ] && \
21 source /etc/profile.d/bash-completion
22 --
23 Regards,
24 Mick