From: Kris Kerwin <kkerwin@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Questions about TightVNC
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 23:41:51
1 Richard,
2
3 Thanks. x11vnc did the trick just like I needed.
4
5 Kris
6
7 On Wednesday 19 April 2006 12:24, Richard Fish wrote:
8 > On 4/19/06, Kris Kerwin <kkerwin@×××××××××.com> wrote:
9 > > Hi all,
10 > >
11 > > I'm using TightVNC v 1.2.9-r1 from the Gentoo Portage tree. I
12 > > have two questions about running it.
13 > >
14 > > 1) I would like my local machine to share the same display as is
15 > > exported to remote machines via VNC.
16 >
17 > You could try x11vnc.
18 >
19 > > Or, is there any way that an X Client can connect to an X
20 > > server that is the slave of a VNC process?
21 >
22 > The DISPLAY environment variable should be allow this.
23 >
24 > DISPLAY=:1 xterm
25 >
26 > -Richard