From: Meik Frischke <meik.frischke@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: freeSwitch
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 15:13:12
1 Am 2016-04-27 16:12, schrieb James:
2 > <covici <at> ccs.covici.com> writes:
5 >> > How do you install freeswitch, just a raw compile from sources?
6 >> > Or is there an ebuild somewhere that I missed?
7 >
8 >> I just did the configure, make, make install combination, it by
9 >> default
10 >> installs in /usr/local/freeswitch -- even the binaries, so its
11 >> somewhat
12 >> isolated. but check the docs first, you will need some libraries
13 >> which
14 >> are not in gentoo and must be gotten from their repository just to
15 >> build. I think I had to download and install a dozen packages from
16 >> source.
17 >
18 > Thanks for the info. Did you every file a bug to have an ebuild
19 > created?
20 > BGO searching did not find one and freeswitch just seems like a cool
21 > software to add to gentoo.
22 >
23 > Oh, I almost forget to mention:: what caught my eye was that I ran
24 > across instructions for installation on a Raspberry Pi 2 [1].
25 > And was wondering if a larger pbx (ip-switch) could be built
26 > by clustering Rpi3 devices together?
27 >
28 > Lots of projects seem to be centric on Rpi3 clusters these days. [2]
29 > Thanks again for the feedback.
30 >
31 > James
32 >
33 > [1]
34 > http://www.algissalys.com/how-to/freeswitch-1-7-raspberry-pi-2-voip-sip-server
35 >
36 > [2] https://www.raspberrypi.org/magpi/pi-spark-supercomputer/
37
38 There is the Freeswitch overlay available [1], also listed here [2],
39 which can be added with layman. The provided ebuild is a little outdated
40 though (1.6.2 vs currently 1.6.7). It can probably be adapted for the
41 current version, but I havn't tried it yet.
42
43 Meik
44
45 [1]