From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dennis Ritchie
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 12:11:20
1 On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 7:33 AM, luis jure <ljc@××××××××××××.uy> wrote:
2 >
3 > hello boys [1],
4 >
5 > i know i don't participate much on this list, but this does not mean that
6 > i don't try to follow most of the threads (not all of them, i admit).
7 >
8 > i realized just now that no one has commented on the news of the recent
9 > death of dennis ritchie. considering that his contributions to the
10 > development of computational technologies were not only paramount, but
11 > affect all of us in a very direct way, i think we could somehow compensate
12 > for the lack of echo of these news in the media, by dedicating some time
13 > to celebrate his memory and express our gratitude.
14 >
15 > [1] sorry if there are any girls out there, but i think i have never seen
16 > any female names on this list...
17
18 Well, if it helps, the reason I have a huge beard and long hair is
19 because I idolized Thompson and Ritchie as far back as my early teen
20 years.
21
22 My very conservative grandparents were less than amused that I was
23 actively seeking a 60s Berkeley look.
26 :wq