From: Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: OT - which X terminal do you use?
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 21:53:30
1 On 5/9/06, Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name> wrote:
2 > Justin Findlay wrote:
3 >
4 > > I find that one of the most attractive features of a terminal
5 > > application is transparency
6 >
7 > That's something I'll never understand - why make the text on
8 > a terminal harder to read, by using transparency?
9 >
10 > Granted, it'll look better, but that's it.
11
12 As long as you have a compatible desktop wallpaper, a good set of
13 fonts and colors, it makes your desktop look great while helping
14 contrast on the fonts (shadow for example) if you configure it well.
15 Programming on a black or white background can become seriously
16 boring, while putting an image as terminal background makes you feel
17 like your desktop and terminal are two different worlds (it hurts my
18 eyes).
19
20 IMHO transparency is two on one, you set your desktop wallpaper and
21 your terms background at the same time.
24 Daniel da Veiga
25 Computer Operator - RS - Brazil
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list