From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Blank screen when re-logged IN
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2021 17:59:24
1 On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 10:49:50 -0700, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
2
3 > I have a recent Gentoo installation and I'm experiencing strange
4 > behaviour. I don't know if it has something to do with the hardware
5 > (video card) or software issue. Video card is: GeForce GTX 1050 I'm
6 > using "nvidia" video driver.
7 >
8 > Sometimes when I log-out and try to log-in back, all I get is black
9 > screen with mouse cursor pointer showing but the screen is black,
10 > nothing is displaying. How to trouble shoot it? It only happens when I
11 > "log-out" and try to "log-in" back.
12 >
13 > The only thing I can do is to ssh from another terminal and "reboot"
14 > the PC.
15
16 You could also examine /var/log/Xorg.0.log and ~/.xsession-errors.
17
18 I think you mentioned running XFCE, so you may also have
19 ~/.xfce4-session.log
23 Neil Bothwick
24
25 Don't just read the Tagline; read the MESSAGE!