From: Stewart Taylor <stewarta.taylor@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo users <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Twin monitor setup (Not strictly Gentoo I know)
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 13:38:14
1 Hi all.
2
3 I've just put a twin monitor setup on my system, I have a problem that so far
4 I've not been able to fix. Once I run Xorg -configure and edited
5 /etc/X11/xorg.conf for the mouse and monitor resolutions both video card /
6 monitor setups seem to work fine. I then setup the KDE desktops and again
7 everything seems fine. However when I next boot up, the second desktop , on the
8 new video card / monitor, looses its settings and defaults to 400 x 300, with no
9 available options above this. If I then logout of KDE, shutdown the X server and
10 do the Xorg -configure bit again and then restart X everything is ok again until
11 the next time. The first desktop is always ok with no problems.
12
13 Setup.
16 KDE 3.4.3
17 Matrox Millennium G400 AGP (using Matrox kernel modules)
18 Some unknown but pretty good monitor
19
20 Diamond Viper 550 PCI (using whatever X gives as I found no modules that seemed
21 to be for this card)
22 Tatung monitor.
23
24 I know this isn't strictly Gentoo but the people on this list are clued up
25 kiddies so I'm hoping someone knows the answer to this one.
26
27 TIA
28
29 Stewart