From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Grub error 15: file not found
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 00:39:05
1 On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 5:16 PM, Brenton<brentons.house@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > When I try to edit the /dev/sda to /dev/hda I'm not sure how to save my
5 > change when I edit in grub.  I make a change then go back to check and it
6 > never saves.
7 >
8 > I'm only trying to follow the Gentoo Linux x86 Handbook.
9 >
10 > Thanks,
11 >
12 > Brenton.
13
14 Brenton,
15 I only edit there to test something I've broken and am not sure of
16 the answer. Editing there doesn't, to the best of my knowledge, ever
17 edit the /boot/grub/grub.conf file. If my fix worked and the system
18 boots, then after it boots I mount /boot and edit grub.conf by hand
19 using vi.
20
21 Hope this helps,
22 Mark