From: Justin Patrin <papercrane@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dispatch-conf spells disaster
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 15:20:16
1 On 10/14/06, maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hello group,
3 >
4 > As I expected it would, dispatch-conf
5 > over-wrote/corrupted a lot of files without giving me
6 > a chance to stop it. It left no log(file was empty)in
7 > /var/log/dispatch-conf.log. or any record of its
8 > passing that I can find.
11 Why did you expect this and, if you expected it, why didn't you take
12 steps to back things up.
13
14 dispatch-conf normally works just fine. Perhaps you set some incorrect
15 options in your dispatch-conf conf file, such as auto-updating of all
16 files. You also should have set up RCS backups of your conf files so
17 that you can move back.
20 Justin Patrin
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list