From: "Alessandro D.M. Semeria" <goloiat@××××××.it>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: Elitist Chowderheads, was Gentoo to get a REAL installer
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 14:13:11
1 I don't know if a gui-installer was a need on Gentoo community
2 but on this thread I'm not been able to understand how to resolve my problem (may be I loose some messages):
3 I've 10 box (the only differences on hardware: cpu type and hard disk) and I'd to install the same gentoo my-base system (same packages,same kernel,same daemons running) is possible to build a cd with
4 my-base system. From this cd user should be able to perform few and very basic choices (like cpu-type, partition table,..), I can't spent many time on hw configuration and administration (and I think was the same for the mean gentoo user, the main adventage of Gentoo is -like BSD- the portage system).
5 I think that this was a basic requirement for a linux-distro.
6
7 Thanks to all gentoo-developers!
8 Best Regards!
9