From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why have a use-flag that can not be disabled?
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 14:13:09
1 On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 5:52 AM, Sebastian Beßler
2 <sebastian@××××××××××××.de> wrote:
3 > Hello,
4 >
5 > atm I play with some use-flags and found that amarok has the flag player
6 > that can not be disabled.
7 >
8 > #required by amarok (argument)
9 > =media-sound/amarok-2.4.1 player
10 >
11 > If this flag is required at all costs, why make a flag at all? What good
12 > is a switch that can not be toggled?
13 >
14 > Greetings
15 >
16 > Sebastian
17
18 You don't show what flag this is so it's hard to know exactly what you
19 are seeing. However having amarok is an option. I see it's somehow
20 associated with KDE but it's not on my system.
21
22 Maybe if amarok was not on your system then this flag could then be disabled?
23
24 - Mark