From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] *** WARNING *** - upgrade to libxcb-1.4 (-r1) breaks your system
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 10:49:16
1 On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 10:34:32 +0200 (CEST), Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2
3 > > I had some breakage, but nothing significant. I only realised anything
4 > > was wrong because emerge @preserved-rebuild failed on most packages,
5 > > so I then RTFMed, ran the commands from that web page and all was
6 > > fine. Konqueror kept working fine, so I didn't need to remember how
7 > > to work any of the lynx variants.
8
9 > You must be very lucky to have such a fast machine.
10
11 Are you saying this only breaks on slow machines? Machine performance is
12 hardly relevant when nothing broke that wasn't fixable by a background
13 revdep-rebuild while still using the computer.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Never argue with an idiot. First, they bring you down to their level.
20 Then they beat you with experience.