From: Michael Sullivan <msulli1355@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Decrapifying my system
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 21:19:47
1 I'm running into space issues (my / partition is at 99% of capacity) and
2 I'd like some advice on what I can remove and how. My USE line in
3 /etc/make.conf looks like this:
4
5 USE="-setup declarative static-libs gallium moonlight semantic-desktop
6 -kdeprefix -aqua policykit cdda vhosts automount flashblock jadetex
7 vanilla additions mplayer -evo gentoo a52 -asterisk dbus ctype session
8 zaptel ivtv -kerberos gphoto2 pcre mode-owner -firefox seamonkey
9 -mozilla candy apache2 oss -apm alsa arts avi berkdb bitmap-fonts cdr
10 crypt cups doc encode fortran f77 foomaticdb gdbm gif gpm -gnome
11 gstreamer -gtk -gtk2 imlib jpeg -kde libg++ libwww mad mikmod motif mpeg
12 ncurses nls oggvorbis pam pdf lib png ppds python -qt quicktime readline
13 -samba sasl sdl threads nntp spell ssl svga tcltk tcpd truetype usb X
14 xml xml2 xmms xv zlib x86 imap offensive java mysql examples mmx mmx2
15 perl divx4linux real mmxext audiofile nas snmp hal unicode guile slp
16 tidy dvd dvdr dvdread flash glut new-login browserplugin nsplugin bzip2
17 win32codecs v4l v4l2 ruby sql lirc mythtv dvb ffmpeg userlocales php
18 -debug jack jack-tempfs portaudio bash-completion bind-mysql joystick
19 cli cgi ftp dba nptl nptlonly libclamav syslog jikes mpm-leader ithreads
20 -nautilus tcl expat"
21
22 and I'd like to completely remove both gnome and kde (except for kpat).
23 I use xfce, so that shouldn't be a problem, right? I've tried emerge
24 -C gnome and emerge -C kde, but the gnome line only unmerged the final
25 gnome package, and the kde line didn't work at all (I'm thinking it's
26 called kde-meta now), but unmerging kde-meta only unmerged the final kde
27 package. How do I do this?