From: Arnau Bria <arnau@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] exaile + XFCE + global shortcuts
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 15:12:14
1 On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 23:55:46 +0000
2 Mick Mick wrote:
3
4 Hi Mick,
7 > > Thank your for bringing it to our attention! I've been on a
8 > > lookout for an amarok replacement.
9 > >
10 > > I just installed it so I'm not up to speed with it to answer your
11 > > question, but I am having a similar problem. When I click on
12 > > Shoutcast it complains that there is a HTTP protocol missing:
13 > >
14 > > "A HTTP protocol source plugin is required to play this stream, but
15 > > not installed."
16 > >
17 > > Which one is that? The shoutcast plugin is in there and enabled.
18 >
19 > I may have found what determines the plugins:
20 >
21 > I think that you need to install the corresponding gst-plugins.
22 > There seems to be one already installed on my system called
23 > gnomemmkeys (you can find this when you click Edit/Plugins/Install
24 > plugins and it takes you to /usr/share/exaile/plugins to choose from).
25
26 Well, plugins are in portage but you have to find them "magically"...
27
28 i.e for mp3 support, is
29 [I] media-plugins/gst-plugins-mad
30 and not
31 [I] media-libs/gst-plugins-ugly
32
33 which you could find recommended in forums by some people ...)
34 *well, I have both installed, but mad one is the one, don't really know
35 what the other is for.
36
37 For XFCE shortcuts, I finally found
38 http://exaile.org/wiki/Keyboard_shortcuts
39
40 Some are working, but not the volume ones :-(
41
42 > HTH.
43 Cheers,
46 Arnau Bria
47 http://blog.emergetux.net
48 Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity