From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ltsp woes
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 11:41:37
1 On 06 May 2006 20:26, John Blinka wrote:
2 > Uwe Thiem wrote:
3 > >Right. Somewhat besides your question: Are you really using hubs? I also
4 > > seem to remember from your original post that the terminals are connected
5 > > by 10Mb/s which makes sense if you are using hubs. From my experience
6 > > with server / thin client configurations, I would suggest to replace the
7 > > hubs by switches and use 100Mb/s full duplex connections. That should
8 > > boost the performance of your terminals by far. Anyway, this has nothing
9 > > to do with your current problem.
10 >
11 > We originally used hubs and later moved to switches - my mistake. But
12 > it hasn't made much difference in performance. Our performance bottleneck
13 > is elsewhere. But that's another discussion.
14
15 Hi John, I would like to come back to you on this off the list. Unfortunately,
16 all mails to your email address bounce with "server unreachable". Do you have
17 another email address?
18
19 Uwe
22 Mark Twain: I rather decline two drinks than a German adjective.
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list