From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Recommend a good replacement for XFCE?
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 02:04:12
1 On 2016-09-25 22:51, Grant Edwards wrote:
2
3 > > What does a panel give you the per-desktop window menu in openbox doesn't?
4 >
5 > Mostly, I want a taskbar showing all of the windows (iconified or not)
6 > and a way to un-iconify them. You can get most of the same stuff in
7 > the openbox center-click menu, but I prefer an auto-hide task-bar at
8 > the top of each screen.
9
10 Well, with an auto-hide bar you still have to reach for the rodent to
11 activate it :-)
12
13 Different strokes. As I fine-tuned my openbox config over the last
14 couple of years, I am now at a point where I sometimes forget to turn
15 the (battery-powered) mouse on, and half an hour or so into my session
16 I'm startled when I first try to move it, and it doesn't.
17
18 I like having reached this stage :)
21 Please *no* private Cc: on mailing lists and newsgroups
22 Personal signed mail: please _encrypt_ and sign
23 Don't clear-text sign: http://cr.yp.to/smtp/8bitmime.html
24 Why does the arrow on Hillary signs point to the right?