From: Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: Is EVMS dead?
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 07:33:51
1 Am Dienstag, 6. November 2007 schrieb felix@×××××××.com:
2
3 > But I don't use LVM much; once set up, I leave it alone. Right now I
4 > ought to expand a couple of partitions which are at 93% or so. The
5 > docs say I should be able to do this with the partitions mounted, but
6 > on eof them is /usr and I am reluctant to either try it or to bring it
7 > down to single user mode.
8
9 Just do it. All filesystems nowadays support online expand. Just use lvresize
10 + the resize tool of the fs you use.
11
12 BTW: With EVMS, you wouldn't hav to use two commands, but only one (except for
13 ext2/3, online resize capabality was added to this fs after EVMS went
14 unmaintained).
15
16 Bye...
17