From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] bash upgrading problem
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 19:43:51
1 On 2019.01.18 06:29, Jacques Montier wrote:
2 > Hello all,
3 >
4 > I encounter some problem about upgrading app-shells/bash from 4.4_p12
5 > to 4.4_p23-r1.
6 > After the checking phase, it stops asking for password (attached
7 > file).
8 > All passwords (root, user) are rejected, so i can't go further.
9 >
10 > Any idea ?
11
12 Hello Jacques,
13
14 You need to provide a bit more information. How are you invoking the
15 attempted upgrade, and at what point in the process is it requesting
16 the password?
17
18 Separate from the upgrade, can you successfully use sudo? Is it
19 possible that you are just not in the sudoers file? (although I think
20 that would give a different error.)
21
22 Jack