From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] C programming use of isascii(), ispunct() and isblank() fails
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 00:59:00
1 On Thursday 05 October 2006 16:10, "Kevin O'Gorman" <kogorman@×××××.com>
2 wrote about '[gentoo-user] C programming use of isascii(), ispunct() and
3 isblank() fails':
4 > Why is it that using some of the macros from ctype.h fails to compile?
5
6 You code compiles fine for me. I'm using... hrm, an invalid profile...
7 well, gcc --version reports 'gcc (GCC) 4.1.1 (Gentoo 4.1.1-r1)'
8
9 > if (ispunct(i)) punctf(" punct");
10
11 I did get a link error, because you haven't defined "punctf"; I'll bet you
12 meant "printf".
15 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
16 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
17 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
18 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh