From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] fcron & fetchmail & procmail and the "why not?"
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 15:35:00
1 Hi,
2
3 I have used for testing the following combo:
4 Configured fetchmail for my user account and configured
5 procmail to deliver the mail.
6 I called fetchmail by hand:
7 It works.
8 In my fetchmailrc there is the line
9
10 mda "/usr/bin/procmail -d %T"
11
12 as said: When started by hand everything is fine.
13
14 Also fcron is installed and my personal fcrontab contains
15 the line:
16
17 @ 5 mrxvt -fn 10x20 -display :0.0 -g 30x5+0+0 -e dialog --yesno "TEST" 10 30
18
19 which also works: Every five minutes a dialog box pops up.
20
21 BUT!
22
23 When using the line:
24
25 @ 5 fetchmail -a
26
27 nothing happens: The mail remains on the server and can be downloaded
28 with
29
30 fetchmail -a
31
32 from the commandline.
33
34 May be I am a little overhacked today...but what the hack I am doing
35 wrong here?
36
37 Thank you very much for any help in advance!
38 mcc
41 Please don't send me any Word- or Powerpoint-Attachments
42 unless it's absolutely neccessary. - Send simply Text.
43 See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
44 In a world without fences and walls nobody needs gates and windows.