From: Jean-Baptiste Mestelan <mestelan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] alternatives to audacious?
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 23:22:09
1 More precisely, I meant :
2 http://www.sacredchao.net/quodlibet
3 http://www.exaile.org/
4
5 Also, Wikipedia is astonishingly knowledgeable about audio players, these days :
6 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_media_players#Audio_players.07UNIQ4f732286383f389d-nowiki-00000199-QINU1.07UNIQ4f732286383f389d-nowiki-0000019A-QINU
7
8 Hope this helps.
11 On 6/6/07, Jean-Baptiste Mestelan <mestelan@×××××.com> wrote:
12 > Not sure if you will like these, but did you try :
13 > - quodlibet,
14 > - exaile ?
15 >
16 > Cheers !
17 >
18 > On 6/4/07, Denis <denis.che@×××××.com> wrote:
19 > > What are some alternatives to Audacious mp3/CD player? I really liked
20 > > the old XMMS and used it right up until it was taken off portage.
21 > > Audacious seems to resemble XMMS closely enough, but it seems more
22 > > fragile. I have it working well on one gentoo box, but on this box, I
23 > > am just having no luck getting it to run without errors (won't read
24 > > audio CD, master volume control is not functional, playlist errors on
25 > > start-up... ) I'm looking for something with a GUI rather than a
26 > > command-line player.
27 > >
28 > > Thanks.
29 > > --