From: dexter <dexters84@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] courier-pop3d problem
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 18:54:01
1 kashani pisze:
2 > dexter wrote:
3 >> Hello
4 >>
5 >> I have a strange problem with curier-pop3d service
6 >> I can connect to server, then I input username and password - I'm
7 >> granted access, I receive
8 >>
9 >> +OK logged in.
10 >>
11 >> When I want to do LIST command, I get
12 >>
13 >> +OK POP3 clients that break here, they violate STD53.
14 >>
15 >> I'm unable to list any messages with putty or receive any mail with
16 >> Thunderbird 2.0
17 >> I'm quite confused - few weeks ago it worked like a charm.
18 >>
19 >> Regards
20 >> Krzysztof Marciszewski
21 >
22 > Anything useful info in your logs?
23 >
24 > kashani
25 Hi
26
27 Debuging was completly disabled - after enabling debuging I was quite
28 surprised to find, that upgrading courier-imap with emerge, changed my
29 email server configuration, folder containing user mail was changed, and
30 location of directive defining it was moved to other file.
31 Before upgrade - MYSQL_MAILDIR_FIELD Maildir - was defined in
32 /etc/courier/authlib/authmysqlrc
33 After upgrade my /etc/courier-imap/pop3d-ssl configuration has changed
34 (the following was added):
35 # Hardwire a value for ${MAILDIR}
36 MAILDIR=.maildir
37 MAILDIRPATH=.maildir
38
39 The curios thing is, that only /etc/courier-imap/pop3d-ssl was affected,
40 /etc/courier-imap/pop3d was untouched - so unencrypted mail was working.
41
42 Problem is currently solved - but I wonder, did I really miss such a
43 thing doing etc-update ? It didn't happen before - I think :)
44
45 Regards
46 Krzysztof Marciszewski
47 --