From: Harm Geerts <harmgeerts@××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Precedence order of overlays
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 14:19:58
1 On Friday 02 February 2007, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I have several packages that I maintain my own ebuilds for, as it's CVS
5 > sources. I keep these in /usr/local/portage. As it happens ebuilds for
6 > these same packages are also in layman, and I have the relevant overlay
7 > enabled.
8 >
9 > So far it would appear that my local overlay is taking precedence over
10 > layman. I've read the layman docs and there is an option for
11 > precedence, but it seems to apply to layman only, and that's not what I
12 > want. The portage docs seems to be sparse on this matter of overlays.
13 >
14 > I want to guarantee that foo-9999.ebuild in /usr/local/portage will be
15 > emerged in preference to an identically named and versioned ebuild in
16 > layman. How do I do that?
17 >
18 > If I can't guarantee this, I'd also be happy bumping my ebuilds to
19 > foo-99999.ebuild, but I'd rather do it with a config option if
20 > possible.
21
22 This is controlled by the order in which they apear in PORTDIR_OVERLAY.
23 The last overlay that matches a package takes precedence.
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list