From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LVM (Was: the best filesystem for server: XFS or JFS (or?))
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 19:43:59
1 On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 12:19:39 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > I have never used LVM but when it messes up after a upgrade, as has
4 > happened to many others, see if you say the same thing. I hope your
5 > backups are good and they can restore.
6
7 I must be one of the luckiest people around. LVM messes up for many
8 people, yet I've run it on several machines for several years with no
9 such troubles.. Ditto for ReiserFS, same for XFS too.
10
11 Why does this luck not extend to lottery tickets? Maybe because that's
12 the one area where it is more than apocryphal that most people are
13 unlucky.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 An unemployed Court Jester is nobody's fool.