From: Matthew Finkel <matthew.finkel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is my system (really) using nptl
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 19:00:05
1 On 10/13/2012 02:40 PM, Mark Knecht wrote:
4 > Now, this does make me curious about some things running on my system.
5 > Two for instance, Google Chrome and akonadi_agent, have LOTS of pids.
6 > I was assuming those were different threads and were demonstrating
7 > what the OP was asking about, but now I'm not so sure. How does a
8 > single program on an nptl system generate all these different pids?
9
10 If I'm not mistaken, Chrome breaks out different tabs into different
11 processes (which you can see if you open "View Background Pages" from
12 the menu). I can't say anything about akonadi_agent, though.
15 > Thanks,
16 > Mark
17 >