From: Crayon Shin Chan <crayon.shin.chan.uk@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problems with clipboard separation
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 02:35:13
1 On Saturday 17 November 2007, Bryan Whitehead wrote:
2
3 > As an example, it looks like the Firefox/Mozilla people want to
4 > enforce the "first way". So people like me (who love highlighting and
5 > clicking) get pissed off because the behavior is changed in JUST
6 > firefox. It doesn't feel consistent.
7
8 That is why I use Klipper and set it to sync both "clipboards". That way I
9 can cut and paste between practically all applications. I remember when I
10 first started using linux years ago and was rather frustrated when I
11 couldn't copy and paste between gtk/qt/tk/etc based programs.
12
13 > I can also see why someone would be a nazi (like the realplayer people
14 > are) for the "second way".
15
16 You still don't seem to get my point. The realplayer people is using
17 a "third way" - aka "the stupid way", because simply opening a dialog
18 *should not* change the contents of the clipboard (unless the sole
19 purpose of the dialog *was* to change the clipboard but let's not be
20 pedantic).
21
22 Another (gtk) program that exhibits this stupid behaviour is iso master
23 (Image > Properties).
26 Crayon
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list