From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Request for [OT] advice
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 22:53:47
1 How can I go about merging two bookmarks.html style files... and not
2 lose any or duplicate any?
3
4 I realize the de-duping part is probably not going to be all that
5 thorough so maybe just at some level, remove dups.
6
7 It seems with diff and patch I end up losing bookmarks. Also I'm not
8 so sure I know how to do that. Which order to diff the files and
9 patch etc.
10
11 But also it seems those tools may interfere with the necessary format
12 to obtain a bookmark.html syle result once imported into `firefox'.
13
14 I realize there are bookmark sites that claim to be able to do this.
15 And even tools in portage to create you own server.... also foxmarks
16 claims to allow a server setup.
17
18 I've tried many of the above choices and for one reason or another
19 either failed or didn't like the result.
20
21 I want to know if I can accomplish something worthwhile with common
22 scripting tools and a pretty low level of skill with them.