From: "Håkon Alstadheim" <hakon@×××××××××××××××.no>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo-sources-4.9.0
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 22:49:56
1 Kernel now has two possible kernel modules for a lot of the radeon
2 cards, "radeon" and "amdgpu" . Don't remember the differences, google is
3 your friend. "amdgpu" in 4.9 supports more cards than it used to. Rather
4 prominent in the linux-4.9 announcements. Are you now (automatically? )
7 Both modules, and the drm module, have options for verbosity. Turn them
8 on and compare boot-logs from 4.8.14 and 4.9. Most likely you'll spot
9 where it goes bad.
10