From: Christer Ekholm <che@××××××.se>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Removing PAM from my system, is it adviseable?
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 18:51:05
1 "James Homuth" <james@×××××××.com> writes:
2 > Will my system blow up at me if I remove PAM?
3
4 I have used Gentoo at home for many years now. And I have never used
5 pam.
6
7 I even have
8
9 # Don't want these, ever
10 >sys-libs/pam-0
11
12 In /etc/portage/package.mask so that I detect if anything wants to pull
13 in pam. A few times some ebuild tried to pull in pam dispite of
14 USE=-pam, but that has allways been corrected by our devs.
15
16 I don't actually dislike pam, it's quite good, and useful many times,
17 it's just that I don't need it (yet). The most important point is
18 choise. I can decide myself if I want it or not. And thats what Gentoo
19 is all about (for me).
22 Christer