From: Roy Wright <roy@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] about layman and eix search
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2009 17:27:10
1 On Oct 3, 2009, at 10:07 AM, hp_sebastian wrote:
2
3 > On Sat, 03 Oct 2009 09:42:42 -0500 Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
4 > wrote:
5 >> How to make eix search an overlay too.
6 >>
7 >> The manpage for layman says:
8 >>
9 >> You can search through the ebuilds available in the overlays on
10 >> http://overlays.gentoo.org by using "eix". Emerge the package and
11 >> run update-eix-remote update.
12 >>
13 >> But I find no such option in eix or eix --help|grep update
14 >> or 'man eix' although I do find eix-remote and eix-layman.
15 >
16 > eix-update adds overlays to the eix-database. If you use eix-sync
17 > instead of emerge --sync, you don't have to run eix-update afterwards.
18 >
22 update-eix-remote is an executable, not an option to the eix
23 executable. After running update-eix-remote your normal eix queries
24 will include overlays.
25
26 HTH,
27 Roy