From: Roy Wright <roy@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Kernel setting for frame buffer (2.6.23-r5)
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 10:19:06
1 Howdy,
2
3 emerge sys-libs/lrmi
4
5 then from a console run: vbetest
6
7 this will display the video modes your graphics card supports.
8 Note I had differing results running from an xterm, so I suggest
9 running from a console with X stopped.
10
11 You might want to look at using uvesa:
12
13 http://dev.gentoo.org/~spock/projects/uvesafb/
16 I'm in the middle of getting the new fbsplash stuff installed (didn't
17 work first try :-) but the higher res console works fine with uvesa
18 (which is what I really wanted in the first place).
21 HTH,
22 Roy
26 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list