From: Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] alsa-driver emerge error
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 20:52:50
1 Oh, I see...
2
3 Well, since you have it builtin and everything is working, maybe its
4 dependent on other app, do you have alsa-utils or anything that could
5 pull alsa-drivers?
6
7 If you have an old installation and (like me) don't remember exactly
8 the steps for the initial configuration (I used alsa-driver, builtin,
9 then removed it lots of times, recompiled the kernel lots, test
10 purposes) then it can be a leftover from a previous config. Now, to
11 determine if you can or can't remove it its up to you, you can always
12 remove it and emerge it again if any problem appear. And if everything
13 fails, you can always remove it from the kernel and emerge alsa-driver
14 :)
15