From: Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] checksumming files
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2008 10:54:43
1 Am Freitag, 5. Dezember 2008 19:48:18 schrieb Mick:
2 > On Thursday 04 December 2008, Heinrichs, Dirk (EXT-Capgemini -
3 > DE/Dusseldorf)
4 >
5 > wrote:
6 > > Did you make sure the chunks are transfered in binary mode?
7 >
8 > Aha!! Since the split chunks were part of a video file I assumed that it
9 > would be binary - and I understand that the default type (for tnftp) is
10 > binary?
11 >
12 > > BTW, most
13 > > modern FTP clients have a resume option, so there's no need to split.
14 >
15 > Yes, tnftp has the 'reget' command but I can't find a 'reput', or 'resume'?
16 > It also has 'restart':
17 > [...]
18 > but I am not sure how this works exactly. Would anyone be clued up on the
19 > intricacies of tnftp?
20
21 Unfortunately not, never heard of it before.
22
23 > Anything else I could try?
24
25 ncftp. This one also comes with ncftpget and ncftpput command line utilities.
26 They use binary transfer as default and have resume capabilities.
27
28 HTH...
29
30 Dirk