From: sean <tech.junk@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: ATI Radeon 9550
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 21:54:42
1 James and all, thanks much for the help, however I have called it a day
2 with this ATI Radeon 9550 card.
3
4 I lost several days troubleshooting the thing, and every corner I tuned
5 ran into another problem. Torture!
6
7 Brought the card back to the store, replaced it with an Nvidia based card.
8 Emerged Xorg and the Nvidia drivers and have already completed the
9 successful test of Xorg and the bright and shinning nvidia logo as it
10 started brought a smile!
11 This was more like it should!
12
13 I know Nvidia is not perfect, but they have yet to fail me.
14 I will stick with them in the future.
15
16 Now my son waits anxiously for KDE to build.
17
18 Thanks again all,
19 Sean
20 --