From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] GCC 4.1.1 Problems
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 18:02:38
1 On Saturday 27 May 2006 17:40, Jason Weisberger wrote:
2 > List,
3 >
4 > I figure upgrading to GCC 4.1.1 from 3.4.5 wouldn't be such a pain,
5 > right? WRONG. So far I've had just about every problem under the
6 > sun, mostly in the form of filesize errors.... which I wouldn't think
7 > would be related to GCC, but then again:
8 >
9 > app-admin/perl-cleaner
10 > x11-proto/xextproto
11 > x11-proto/xcmiscproto-1.1.2
12 >
13 > These packages quit on me after telling me that the reported filesize
14 > by the ebuild wasn't equal to the downloaded filesize. This only
15 > happened with gcc-config 6 (4.1.1). When I switched back to 3.4.5,
16 > emerge -e world was flawless. Very odd.
17
18 so run ebuild blabla.ebuild digest
19
20 wow, that is hard...
21
22 if you are trying software from the ~ tree, you are expected to deal with some
23 hiccups.
24
25 btw, I did the gcc 3.4.x-->4.1 step some weeks ago.
26
27 And just to be safe, I did an -e system followed by an -e world.
28
29 Was a good decision - I did not run in any major problems.
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list