From: n952162 <n952162@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: firefox managed by my organization?
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2020 18:36:49
1 On 2020-03-04 17:14, Daniel Frey wrote:
2 > On 3/4/20 12:14 AM, n952162 wrote:
3 >> Yes, you're right:
4 >>
5 >> 01~>cat /usr/lib64/firefox/distribution/policies.json
6 >> {
7 >>    "policies": {
8 >>      "DisableAppUpdate": true
9 >>    }
10 >> }
11 >>
12 >> The prediction is, if I were to remove that file, the banner would go
13 >> away.  I'll try that at some point.
14 >>
15 >> Thank you.
19 > It will go away but allowing Firefox to self-update on Gentoo will get
20 > you a very broken Firefox as the ebuilds have gone away from large
21 > monolithic builds to linking to local system libraries. Not recommended!
22 >
23 > Dan
26 Ah, good point.  But I should be able to do the same thing from with
27 "preference" somewhere, I suspect.