From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] launching iptables
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 20:47:47
1 Hello,
2
3 I've got my own iptables script to launch a customized firewall, located in
4 /usr/local/bin.
5
6 I'm aware of /etc/init.d/iptables the 'runscipt'. I do not wish to edit this
7 scipt as 'gentoo' updates nuke my edits therein. Where is the gentoo
8 place of preference to launch my scipt after the gentoo runscipt
9 '/etc/init.d/iptables' is finished running?
10
11 Is their a way to get 'rc-update add <my_firewall> default' to launch
12 my_firewall without putting it in the /etc/init.d/ dir and using the
13 runscipt template for my script?
16 thoughts, suggestions and examples are most welcome.
19 James
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list