From: Stefano Crocco <stefano.crocco@×××××.it>
To: gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] laptop/tablet convertibles linux compatibility
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2015 09:52:52
1 Hello to everyone.
2
3 I'd like to buy a laptop/tablet convertible and to install Gentoo on it.
4 Searching Google I couldn't find up to date information about the linux
5 compatibility of this kind of device (most of the pages I found are at least a
6 couple of years old and at any rate, they give quite contradictory
7 information). Does anyone know what the situation is like today in this regard?
8
9 In particular, I'm looking to buy some of the less expensive convertibles, at
10 most around 300€ (350$), as my needs for it are modest (basically, as I'm a
11 teacher, I'd like to use it as a tablet in the classroom to record absent
12 students, marks and so on instead of the very old tablet the school provided and
13 to use it as a laptop to read e-books and write while traveling to school by
14 bus). Looking on amazon, I found some models which could satisfy my needs:
15
16 * Asus T100TAF-BING-DK024B [1]
17 * Asus T100TAL-BING-DK034B [2]
18 * Acer Aspire Switch W5-012-149A [3]
19 * HP Pavilion x2 10-n002nl [4]
20
21 Does anyone know whether they work with Gentoo? Are there any models which work
22 well and that I overlooked?
23
24 Thanks in advance
25