From: Nicolas Sebrecht <nicolas.s-dev@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: The Linux Ecosystem (with funny references to Gentoo vs Canonical)
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 11:50:10
1 On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 08:41:39AM +0000, Mick wrote:
2
3 > > This video brought up an interesting question by my friend (an ubuntu
4 > > user). How would one go about getting Canonical or the ubuntu community
5 > > to change their practice of not contributing fixes back upstream?
6
7 It's all about dev mentality and habits. It a known issue with
8 Canonical. AFAIK, they are trying to change. That's what Mark
9 Shuttleworth did announce at least (don't know the facts).
10
11 > So, essentially we are
12 > talking about different user profiles here.
13
14 The video is more about developpers than users. The upstream (as I
15 understand here from the video and the Joshua Doll's post) is what we
16 find upstream from the maintainers of the distribution. I guess that
17 Joshua wasn't talking about the users at all.
20 Nicolas Sebrecht