From: Fredrik Tolf <fredrik@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Tomcat logging problems
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 04:16:15
1 Hi list!
2
3 I just tried upgrading from Tomcat 5.0 to 5.5 (since the former has been
4 p.masked since some time), and while it is working, I am experiencing
5 logging problems.
6
7 First of all, it refused to log anything at all, but I fixed that. It
8 appears to have been a typo in the init script -- it defined
9 java.util.logging.config.file as ${CATALINA_BASE}/logging.properties,
10 while it should have been ${CATALINA_BASE}/conf/logging.properties.
11
12 However, I fixed that, but found that it won't log the JVM's
13 std{out,err} anywhere. According to all documentation about Tomcat,
14 there should be two logfiles called stdout.log and stderr.log placed in
15 the ${CATALINA_BASE}/logs directory, but there aren't, and I haven't
16 been able to find out why. Has anyone else encountered this problem and
17 managed to solve it?
18
19 Thanks for your time!
20