From: tastytea <gentoo@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to create a local overlay?
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 14:40:28
1 On 2021-09-19 16:23+0200 Dr Rainer Woitok <rainer.woitok@×××××.com>
2 wrote:
3
4 > Greetings,
5 >
6 > recently I received an "*.ebuild" file for a little piece of
7 > software I need. However, trying to find instructions in the Gentoo
8 > wiki regarding the creation of a local overlay utilizing this ebuild
9 > file up to now on- ly revealed confusing and/or outdated information.
10 >
11 > Could anybody point me to some up-to-date guide explaining how to
12 > create a local overlay which just utilizes this ebuild file and
13 > the external Git repository specified within it?
14
15 `eselect repository create localrepo` will create an overlay (now
16 officially called repository) in /var/db/repos/localrepo.
17
18 <https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Custom_ebuild_repository>
19
20 Kind regards, tastytea